After visiting my local butcher recently I learned that if I came back at 8 pm they discount their ground beef down to $.99 lb. Wow!! I was so excited. There are times that I need 10 to 15 lbs of ground beef, and this would be a great savings. So, as I was leaving the store I began to think of all of the great things I could make with ground beef.
I challenged myself to come up with 10 different things that I could make with ground beef on a budget. Then I thought what better thing to do than share the ideas with you. This time around it is simply the list with no recipes, but I will be adding recipes to coincide with my list over the next few weeks. Be sure to check back and get the recipes and pictures.
- Mac and Cheese Lasagna – Easy and kid-friendly.
- Ground Beef Stroganoff – Easy and healthy.
- French Onion Salisbury Steak – A great way to turn ground beef into an elegant meal.
- Beef and Black Bean Chili – A customer favorite, we had this last week during our ice storm.
- Spaghetti and Meatballs – The recipe is already available here.
- Bacon and Blue Cheese Burgers – My pregnancy addiction.
- Steakhouse Shepherds Pie – A bit time consuming, but oh so good.
- Taco Soup – Great on Super Bowl Sunday, that is what we ate.
- Tacos – I make a big batch of taco meat and beans, and then we have tacos, nachos, burritos, chimichangas, tostados, etc…
- Mini Italian Meatloaves – I love these and so does my son.
I’m sure if I thought long and hard I could come up with some more ideas for ground beef, but I thought I’d better leave some for you guys. What are your ideas for ground beef?