I have fallen behind with my 12 Days of Fudge but I won’t let that stop me. I just might have to post some fudge recipes after Christmas; we need goodies for New Year’s Eve, too.
This next fudge is one I did last year and it was very good. If you like eggnog and you like fudge you will LOVE this fudge. Enjoy!
yield 64 pieces
As I always say gather your ingredients first, and with fudge that is of most importance to get it just right. Don’t just have them handy, have them measured and ready to pour.
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. eggnog
10.5 oz white chocolate chips
1/2 tsp fresh grated nutmeg (grated a bit extra for sprinkling)
7 oz. marshmallow creme
1 tsp rum extract (or rum)
1) Line a square ( 8 x 8 ) baking pan with foil, and then butter the foil. Sprinkle a little of your nutmeg in the pan.
2) In a heavy saucepan combine your sugar, butter and eggnog. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue to boil 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat – STIRRING CONSTANTLY. If you stop stirring it could scorch the candy. Remove from heat.
3) Quickly add in your white chocolate and nutmeg, stir with a wooden spoon until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
4) Stir in marshmallow creme and rum extract. Beat until well blended and then pour into your prepared pan, and sprinkle with nutmeg.
5) Let cool completely – either at room temperature or in the refrigerator. After it is cooled invert onto a cutting board, score the fudge, and then cut into 1 inch pieces. It should yield approximately 64 one inch pieces of fudge.
These would be great put in a pretty box and given as gifts.